MUNICIPAL INTER COLLEGE FOR BOYS WAZIR BAGH PESHAWAR
Contact Number: 091-2562863
History of The College
Municipal College was established in 1982 by Arbab Niaz, The then Mayer Municipal Corporation Peshawar. It was upgraded to the inter level in 1992 by Mr. Saeed Ahmad Khan, the Mayer Municipal Corporation Peshawar Now it works under the umbrella of City District Government Peshawar. MIC Boys has well Furnished Class Rooms, well equipped Science laboratories and Two Computer labs. The District Nazim City District Government Peshawar provided every facility to promote education. The College has well educated staff educating the citizen of the province.
During the twenty three years life, this institution produced thousand efficient individuals serving the nation in various fields.
It is located at near historical Garden Wazir Bagh Peshawar city. The credit for the foundation of this seat of learning goes to Municipal Corporation Peshawar. This college is directly working under the supervision of city district & Local Government Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. Since the start of the college it has shown remarkable result which is highly appreciated by the Provincial Government. The students have been provided every kind of facilities. The college building has been constructed according to modern lines where the students can gain knowledge having all the facilities.
The college has highly qualified teaching staff. The library is rich in all kinds of text books and referenced books. The class rooms are made according to modern style having new furniture. The college well equipped laboratories. The college has two play grounds. Abundance of sprouting flowers, the year round, adds charm to the atmosphere. Games facilities and also provided to the students. The college has grand hall used for healthy activities and examination purposes.
The landscape, physical facilities and intellectual environment of the college are most conducive to study, deliberations, academic pursuits healthy recreation and physical exercises, students desire us of acquiring knowledge and interested in the promotion of self-development are welcomed to its portals. The college are kept busy in study throughout the college hours. The college campus life is marked by varied co-curricular activities. Different kind of function held for the students to develop their understanding in the educational field. The students are provided friendly atmosphere while rules and regulations are strictly imposed during the college hours practical facilities for the pre-medical & pre-engineering students are provided in the college well-equipped laboratories along with demonstrators. Daily newspapers are provided in the library. The college has introduced uniform for the summer and winter seasons. Students are allowed to take part in the morning assembly programmes. The institute is affiliated with Khyber Pakhtunkhwa board of intermediate & secondary education Peshawar. The college motto is epitomized on the Quran Aya. O! My lord advance me in my knowledge”
Beside this the college staff is always busy to prepare the students for the future responsibilities. The aim of the college is to provide best education in different disciplines; importance is also given to the discipline of the students. The students are often sent for different competitive programmes. Most of the students have won rewards for the college.
MESSAGE FROM THE PRINCIPAL, OBJECTIVES, and VISION OF COLLEGE
It gives me immense pleasure that you are always keen to seek admission in MIC Boys working directly under the supervision of City District Government Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
The Provision of high quality education with the help of highly qualified teaching staff in our institution on very nominal charges simply show the commitment of the City District Government Khyber Pakhtunkhwa for delivering valuable breed to the society.
We always strive to develop all the skills abilities potentials, tolerance, understanding, leadership and talent of the students to ensure that these would be used to create a better world.
The students desirous of acquiring knowledge and interested in the promotion of self-development are welcomed to its portal.
MIC Boys is an educational institution playing an unavoidable role in educating the citizens of the district Peshawar, in particular. It has devoted dedicated efficient and honest staff. Our objectives to promote quality education at a very low cost from Prep to inter level. To make the students useful members of the society their social and moral characters are focussed in sermon periods once a week every week.
Get your child admitted in Municipal Inter College for Boys for a better future.
STUDY PROGRAMS ALONG WITH NO OF SEATS PER PROGRAM
At school level the academic session starts from April and terminates at March. While at college level the session starts from September/ just after the declaration of SSC results and lasts till March.
The college has the following faculties
i. Pre- Medical (FSc)
ii. Pre-Engineering (FSc)
iii. Computer Science (FCS)
iv. Humanities (Arts)
5. <b>ADMISSION RULES:<b>
MIC Boys has scheduled admissions from class Prep to class 8 on entry test basis. Each class has a maximum of 45 students.
1. Admission to FA & FSc classes will commence immediately after the declaration of Matriculations result by BISE Peshawar. Admission forms shall be received by the college within the prescribed period.
2. Dates of interviews for different categories shall be notified to the students by the office at the time of submission of forms.
3. Application form for both regular & private students shall be entertained in accordance with the rules and regulations of BISE Peshawar.
4. Students passing in the supplementary examination of the year of admission shall not be allowed to admit as regular students.
5. Candidates who do not apply for admission in time or fail to appear for interview on the notified dates shall lose the right of admission.
6. Selected candidate will be required to deposit admission fee and other dues within the prescribed time, failing which, their selection will be cancelled.
7. Admission shall be made strictly on merit basis, admission are open for all citizens of Pakistan.
8. The criteria for admission shall be determined by the Admission Committee in accordance with the policy laid down in each case and its decision will be final.
9. Mere submission of application form does not entitle a candidate to admission in the college.
10. Students migrating from other provinces / Board are required to submit Migration Certificate at the time of admission.
11. Students admitted for FSc (1st year) will not be allowed to change faculty / discipline / subject.
12. Casual admission is not allowed in the college.
13. The candidates must bring along his father / guardians at the time of interview to sign an undertaking. The guardian should be a blood relation of the candidates such as paternal uncle / elder brother provided he is not a student.
14. The application forms for admission must be supported by the attested photo copies of the documents required including the provisional certificate of the last examination passed. The original documents along with three passport size photographs of the candidates are to be presented at the time of interview.
15. Admission from prep to class 8 is strictly made on the basis of merit in the month of March & April.
FACULTIES/DEPARTMENTS ALONG WITH FACULTY MEMBERS
The college has the following faculties:
v. Pre- Medical (FSc)
vi. Pre-Engineering (FSc)
vii. Computer Science (FCS)
viii. Humanities (Arts)
The following faculties exist at present in MIC Boys at college level:
i) Faculty of Physics
Mr. Khalid Rehman
ii) Faculty of Chemistry
Mr. Qazi Farman Ullah
Mr. Noor Muhammad
Mr. Mujeeb Ullah
iii) Faculty of Biology
Mr. Mehboob Jalal
Mr. Atta Ullah
Mr. Ahmad Jan
iv) Faculty of Urdu
Mr. Anees Ur Rehman
Mr. Hafeez Ahmad
Mr. Asif Khan
v) Faculty of Mathematics
Mr. Muhammad Zahid
Mr. Khadim Hussain
Mr. Ikram Ullah
vi) Faculty of English
Mr. Haider Ali
Mr. Muhammad Nawaz Sr.
vii) Faculty of Computer Science
Mr. Asif Saleem
Mr. Muhammad Nawaz Jr.
viii) Faculty of Pashtu
Mr. Zafar Ali
Mr. Muhammad Nawaz Sr.
ix) Faculty of Islamiyat
Mr. Hussain Ahmad
Mr. Wahid Ullah
Mr. Akhtar Jamil
Admission forms from Prep to college are available from clerk office during college hours at the cost of Rs.200/- (varies from session to session) along with Prospectus.